Travel to New York (1)
courteous / vexation / intensive / hassle / run the gauntlet / prospect
1) to be criticized or attacked by a lot of people, especially a group of people that you have to walk through
2) polite, especially in a way that shows respect
・ The hotel staff are friendly and ( ).
3) the state of feeling upset or annoyed
4) extremely through; done with a lot of care
5) a situation that is annoying because it involves doing sth difficult or complicated that needs a lot of effect
・ Send them an email-it's a lot less ( ) than phoning.
I've read this topic repeatedly since I got the textbook, but still, there are many things to learn...